About the Company
Transcend Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRCR, www.TRCR.com) is one of the top medical transcription services companies in the country. At Transcend, we believe that accurate, reliable and timely transcription creates the foundation for the electronic patient medical record. To this end, the Company has created Internet-based, speech-recognition enabled, voice-to-text systems that allow our 3500+ skilled medical language specialists to securely and quickly produce the highest quality medical documents. Transcend was ranked #10 in the 2010 report by Forbes magazine of the 100 Best Small Companies in America.
Salar delivers the healthcare industry’s most flexible and physician-centric advanced electronic inpatient documentation and billing solutions. Each Salar product provides a highly customizable physician interface that integrates easily with existing electronic medical record systems. With Salar, physicians and hospitals alike achieve notable productivity, financial and patient safety improvements.
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Baltimore, Salar’s solutions are used by many prominent hospitals including Johns Hopkins Hospital, UMass Memorial Health Care, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, the George Washington University, PinnacleHealth and others. In April 2011, Salar’s TeamNotes and TAP Charge Capture 5.0 solutions received Modular Inpatient EHR certification by Drummond Group for Meaningful Use Stage 1 criteria.
WE WILL CONSIDER PAYING FOR RELOCATION, IF NECESSARY.
Under indirect supervision, implement software based upon written specifications and other documents. Assist in requirements gathering and analysis of use cases and business rules. (Work directly with customers to ensure that requirements are well defined.) Create technical documentation for both the design and implementation of projects. Perform unit and integration testing of projects. Assist in the rollout and implementation of software at client locations. SALARY: $80-100K PLUS FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE AND COMPANY-MATCHED 401K.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement software solutions that are based upon written specifications and other documents.
• Design and develop core application software.
• Interact with clients to ensure project requirements are well defined and implemented.
• Debug applications.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 5+ years experience in software engineering utilizing skills described below or
5+ years of professional and full software-lifecycle experience.
• 5+ years development experience with object oriented languages such as C# or Java
• Working knowledge of HTML, HTTP, XML, and web based technologies
• Experience with a production database environment
• C# and the Microsoft .Net Framework
• Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
• NHibernate or Hibernate
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL)
• Experience playing Bocce ball
• Ability to create inventive solutions to software problems
• Ability to effectively work individually and in a team environment
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
• Excellent communication skills