The following programs are run by the Tech Council of Maryland Foundation to help these targeted audiences:
- Community College and Four Year University STEM Students - The TCM Foundation provides those students with scholarships to assist in their studies.
- High School Job Shadowing - Working with local school systems and partnering with like-minded organizations, the TCM Foundation gives students pursuing STEM education job shadowing opportunities with industry professionals in their offices.
- Industry Professionals in Middle Schools - The TCM Foundation provides member company representatives to speak to middle school students about career educational and career goals. Our goal is to show students a career path and the many long-term opportunities by pursuing careers in science, technology, math and engineering.
- High School Internships - The Tech Council of Maryland Foundation partners with existing high school internship programs to offer our TCM members high school interns for the summer of 2011.
- STEM Summit - The Tech Council of Maryland will host a town-hall meeting between Maryland's educators and students participating in STEM curriculum. Students will share information about what works in STEM education from their perspective. Educators will share why they teach the way they do and how it will prepare the students for future education and careers.
To produce the programs above, the TCM Foundation counts on your generous contributions to fund the activities. In addition to you clicking on the red donation button to the left.
If you have questions, comments, fundraising suggestions or requests, email Michelle Ferrone, Vice President of Marketing & Operations, or call her at 240-243-4047.