Tech Council of Maryland Elects Members to Board of Directors
Larry Letow of Convergence Technology Consulting to Serve as Association Chairman
(ROCKVILLE, MD) May 14, 2010 The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), the state′s largest technology trade association, today announced that its members have elected officers and individuals to the board of directors for fiscal year 2010-2011.
The TCM board of directors provides leadership and vision for establishing the programs and initiatives of the association consistent with its financial goals and obligations. In addition to the full board, directors have an opportunity to participate in divisional boards MdBio and MdTech that provide strategic advice and guidance specific to activities and initiatives applicable to the biotechnology and advanced technology industries, respectively.
Elected as officers this year are:
- Chairman Larry H. Letow, President and COO, Convergence Technology Consulting LLC
- Vice Chairman, MdBio Division Douglas A. Doerfler, President and CEO, MaxCyte
- Vice Chairman, MdTech Division Robert J. Struble, President and CEO, iBiquity Digital Corp.
- Secretary Steven L. Meltzer, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Treasurer Rene B. LaVigne, President and CEO, Iron Bow Technologies
Newly elected and re-elected members of TCM′s Board of Directors include:
MdBio Division Board of Directors
- William C. Bertrand, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, MedImmune
- Marco A. Chacón, Ph.D., President and CEO, Paragon Bioservices Inc.
- Richard E. Chipkin, Ph.D., President and CEO, Psyadon Pharmaceuticals
- James J. Egan, COO, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- David M. Feitel, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Martek Biosciences Corp.
- Dennis Hansen, President, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Joe Hernandez, President and CEO, Prolias
- Stephen Hoffman, M.D., Chief Executive and Scientific Officer, Sanaria Inc.
- Robert V. House, Ph.D., President, DynPort Vaccine Co. LLC (a CSC company)
- W. James Jackson, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Emergent Biosolutions Inc.
- Uplaksh Kumar, Ph.D., Director, Frederick Operations, Life Technologies
- Lorraine Marchand, President and CEO, Ocular Proteomics
- Kären Olson, CEO, BioMarker Strategies
- Rahul Singhvi, Ph.D., CEO, Novavax Inc.
- H. Thomas Watkins, President and CEO, Human Genome Sciences Inc.
MdTech Division Board of Directors
- Donna L. Bareis, Ph.D., COO, Social & Scientific Systems Inc.
- Art Jacoby, Partner, Jacoby
- Prasad Margasahayam, CIO, Hughes Network Systems
- Jeremy Parsons, CEO, Mantaro Product Development Services
- Ori Reiss, President and CEO, GlobalNet Services Inc.
- Michael J. Sheehan, President and CEO, Thales Communications Inc
- Liz Vogel, Director of Federal Server and Storage Sales, Hewlett-Packard
- Jason Welz, Regional Vice President, Comcast Business Systems
- Robert M. Wolfe, President and CEO, AvcomEast Inc.
- S. Tien Wong, Chairman and CEO, Lore Internet Systems
- Tina Marie Wynegar, President and CEO, Bay-Tek Consulting Inc.
- Judy York, President and CEO, Netconn Solutions
TCM also has a number of non-voting individuals on its board, representing associate members, educational institutions and government. Those elected in this category include:
- Henry Bernstein, Senior Vice President, Scheer Partners Inc.
- Brian Darmody, Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development, University of Maryland
- David Edgerley, Executive Vice President, Harvest Bank of Maryland
- Mark Ellenbogen, Assurance Partner, BDO Seidman LLP
- Frank Howard, Jr., President and CEO, Howard Consulting Group Inc.
- Hercules Pinkney, Ph.D., Interim President, Montgomery College
- Frank Walker, Partner, Baker Tilly
- Harry C. Wallace, Senior Vice President, Practice Leader for Life Science and Technology, Riggs, Counselman, Michaels & Downes
- John Wasilisin, Interim Executive Director, TEDCO
TCM board members are eligible to serve eight-year terms, but must be re-elected every two years. Board members elected for this fiscal year include a combination of individuals being re-elected, as well as ones who are new to the board. The full TCM board of directors can be found online here
ABOUT THE TECH COUNCIL OF MARYLAND, INC.
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM's mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.