Wills & Associates Public Relations
Tech Council of Maryland Announces Finalists for 28th Annual Industry Awards
Winners to be Revealed May 11 at the Industry Awards Celebration
Rockville, Md. (March 17, 2016) – The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), Maryland’s largest technology trade association, today announced the finalists for its 28th Annual Industry Awards. Winners will be revealed at a celebration on May 11, 2016, at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. The event, which draws more than 800 executives from the technology and life science communities, celebrates individuals and companies that have made a significant impact in their sectors.
“For almost three decades, the Tech Council of Maryland has had the unenviable task of narrowing down the ever-growing list of innovative individuals and companies whose work has made an impact throughout the state and around the world,” Phil Schiff, CEO, TCM. “We are honored to recognize this year’s finalists for their contributions to the fields of technology and life science.”
Finalists for the 2016 TCM Tech Awards are:
Chief Executive Officer of the Year – Life Science Company
- Bill Hearl, CEO, Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc.
- Jack Khattar, President and CEO, Supernus Pharmaceuticals
- Kevin McRaith, CEO, WellDoc, Inc.
Chief Executive Officer of the Year – Technology Company
- David Affeldt, CEO, GRSi
- Ben Edson, Founder and CEO, VariQ
- David Fout, CEO, Aquilent
- Phillip Merrick, CEO, SparkPost
Financial Executive of the Year – Life Science Company
- Mariam Morris, CFO, Cerecor Inc.
- William Stevens, CFO, Personal Genome Diagnostics
- Vit Vasista, CFO, REGENXBIO Inc.
- Eric Winzer, CFO, Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc.
Financial Executive of the Year – Technology Company
- Melissa Hook, CFO, Aquilent
- Mitchell Paige, CFO, Dataprise
Life Science Company of the Year
- Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc.
- REGENXBIO Inc.
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals
- Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
Technology Company of the Year
- Digital Infuzion, Inc.
Government Contracting Company of the Year
- CALIBRE Systems, Inc.
- Dovel Technologies
Emerging Firm of the Year – Life Science Company
- BioFactura, Inc.
- BrainScope Company, Inc.
- GenArraytion, Inc.
- Personal Genome Diagnostics
- WellDoc, Inc.
Emerging Firm of the Year – Technology Company
- Axiologic Solutions LLC
- Catalyst DevWorks
- Parking Panda
TCM’s annual celebration will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a cocktail hour, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony. Sponsors include:
- Award Sponsors - AstraZeneca/MedImmune, BDO, BioMarker Strategies, Capital One Commercial Banking, JLL, PwC, UBS Financial Services Inc. and VWR
- Gold Sponsors - CDW, Immunomic Therapeutics, Iron Bow Technologies, Montgomery College, Novavax, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, Scheer Partners, Social & Scientific Systems and Sucampo
- Silver Sponsors - MaxCyte, Psyadon Pharmaceuticals, The Meltzer Group and We Work for Health
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the TCM website.
About Tech Council of Maryland
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM’s mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.