Wills & Associates Public Relations
Tech Council of Maryland Announces Finalists for 26th Annual Industry Awards
Winners to be Revealed May 15 at Awards Celebration Gala
Rockville, Md. – (April 2, 2014) –The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), Maryland’s largest technology trade association for life science and technology, today announced the finalists for its 26th Annual Industry Awards. Winners will be revealed at a celebration on May 15 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
“Our annual celebration is a phenomenal event, where our community can come together to recognize individuals and companies in the technology and life science industries that drive our state’s economy,” said Phil Schiff, TCM’s CEO. “Our finalists exemplify the spirit that propels innovation and makes Maryland a leader in tech sector nationwide.”
Finalists for the 2014 TCM Tech Awards are:
Executive of the Year
- Ahmed Ali, President, TISTA Science and Technology Corporation
- Sunny Bajaj, Founder, President and CEO, Digital Management, Inc. (DMI)
- Al Espinoza, CEO, Innotion Enterprises, Inc.
- Kathleen Flanagan, President and CEO, Abt Associates
- Michael Richman, President and CEO, Amplimmune
- Michael Tessler, Co-Founder and CEO, BroadSoft
Chief Financial Officer of the Year
- Linda Chang, CFO, PharmAthene
- Cary Claiborne, CFO, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Andrew Gabor, Vice President of Finance, Administration, Tenable Network Security
- Brian Hahn, CFO, GlycoMimetics
- Robert Latchford, CFO, Optoro
Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer of the Year
- James Kenigsberg, CTO, 2U Inc.
- Sarah Naqvi, CIO, HMS Host
- Mark Pietrasanta, CTO, Aquilent
- Mark Wright, CIO, Cetrom Information Technology, Inc.
Life Science Firm of the Year
- Gliknik Inc.
- Sanaria, Inc.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Technology Firm of the Year
- 2U Inc.
- Acumen Solutions
- American Technology Services, Inc. (ATS)
- Digital Management, Inc. (DMI)
- Notable Solutions
Government Contracting Firm of the Year
- Abt Associates
- Social Solutions Global, Inc.
- TISTA Science and Technology Corporation
- TurningPoint Global Solutions
- VariQ Corporation
Emerging Firm of the Year
About the Tech Council of Maryland
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM’s mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.