Wills & Associates Public Relations
Tech Council of Maryland Announces Finalists for 27th Annual Industry Awards
Winners to be Revealed May 13 at Awards Celebration Gala
Rockville, Md. (April 2, 2015) – The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), Maryland’s largest technology trade association, today announced the finalists for its 27th Annual Industry Awards. Winners will be revealed at a celebration on May 13 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. This year, the Industry Awards Celebration recognizes the achievements that inspiration can bring. Achievements in technology and life sciences that were nurtured locally, and grew to have a global impact.
“This year’s finalists represent the quality, depth and diversity of Maryland’s innovation economy,” said Phil Schiff, TCM’s CEO. “Making these selections is always challenging because there are so many great companies and people based in our state. However, we believe this growing cadre of talented executives and industry-leading tech and life sciences firms is a positive sign for the future of our state’s technological ecosystem.”
Finalists for the 2015 TCM Tech Awards are:
Chief Executive Officer of the Year
- David Fout, Chief Executive Officer, Aquilent
- Ron Gula, Chief Executive Officer, Tenable Network Security
- Stephen Hoffman, Chief Executive and Scientific Officer, Sanaria, Inc.
- Kwame Kuadey, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Gift Card Rescue
- Kenneth Parent, Chief Executive Officer, BYTEGRID Holdings, LLC
Chief Financial Officer of the Year
- George Gillis, Chief Financial Officer, Convergence Technology Consulting
- Melissa Hook, Chief Financial Officer, Aquilent
- Chris Hoyt, Co-Founder and Chief Financial Officer, APX Labs, Inc.
- Robert Kramer, Chief Financial Officer, Emergent BioSolutions
Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer of the Year
- HF Chou, Chief Information Officer, Atlantech Online, Inc.
- Mark Pietrasanta, Chief Technology Officer, Aquilent
- Herman Wong, Senior Director, Information Technology, Amarex Clinical Research, LLC
Life Science Firm of the Year
- Amarex Clinical Research, LLC
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Novavax, Inc.
- QIAGEN, Inc.
- REGENXBIO Inc.
Technology Firm of the Year
- Dovel Technologies
- Exostar LLC
- GANTECH Inc.
- iCore Networks
- WeddingWire, Inc.
Government Contracting Firm of the Year
- DSFederal, Inc.
- Infosys Public Services, Inc.
- MOSAIC Technologies Group, Inc.
- Panum Group, LLC
- Phacil, Inc.
Emerging Firm of the Year
- Bambeco, Inc.
- Luminal, Inc.
- Parking Panda
TCM’s annual celebration will begin with a cocktail hour, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony. Also during the award ceremony, our partner JK Moving Services, and its sister company CapRelo, will announce the winner of the TCM STEM Scholarship. The $2,500 scholarship will go to a graduating high school student from the Greater Washington, D.C./Baltimore area who will be attending a college or university in Maryland.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the TCM website.
ABOUT THE TECH COUNCIL OF MARYLAND, INC.
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM’s mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.