Wills & Associates Public Relations
Tech Council of Maryland Names Finalists for 25th Annual TCM Tech Awards
Lockheed Martin to Earn TCM Hall of Fame Status
Rockville, MD – (April 8, 2013) –The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), Maryland’s largest technology trade association with more than 400 biotechnology and technology members employing more than 200,000 in the region, announced the finalists for its 25th Annual Dinner and Awards Celebration. Winners will be announced at the awards dinner on May 16 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
“This year’s finalists are a testament to the ingenuity and vibrancy of Maryland’s technology and life sciences community,” said Larry Letow, TCM’s chairman. “Their innovations advance the cause of a healthier, safer world while fostering job creation and prosperity here in Maryland. Simply put, Maryland’s tech and biotech companies are essential to our long-term economic growth. The TCM’s Awards Celebration is a great way to celebrate our members’ tremendous achievements to date and the bright future that lies ahead.”
In addition to announcing winners in the seven categories below, TCM will present Lockheed Martin with the TCM Hall of Fame Award.
The finalists for the 2013 TCM Tech Awards are:
Executive of the Year
- Mahfuz Ahmed, Chief Executive Officer, Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS)
- Ahmed Ali, President, TISTA Science and Technology Corporation
- Stephen Canton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, iCore Networks
- Rachel King, Chief Executive Officer, GlycoMimetics, Inc.
- Kevin Lowe, President, LINQ Services, Inc.
- Thomas VanCott, PhD., President and Chief Executive Officer, Advanced BioScience Laboratories, Inc.
CFO of the Year
- Tony Abate, Chief Operating Officer, Echo360, Inc.
- James Collier, Chief Financial Officer, Lockheed Martin IS&GS-National
- James Rallo, Chief Financial Officer, Liquidity Services, Inc.
- Brian Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Beacon Associates
CIO/CTO of the Year
- Thomas Gordon, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Lockheed Martin IS&GS-National
- James Kenigsberg, Chief Technology Officer, 2U, Inc.
- Stephen Mallette, Chief Technology Officer, ROI2
- Harash (Sonny) Segal, Chief Information Officer, Montgomery County Government
Life Sciences Firm of the Year
- Telcare, Inc.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
High Technology Firm of the Year
- Digital Management, Inc.
- Notable Solutions, Inc.
- Sourcefire, Inc.
- Tenable Network Security
Government Contracting Firm of the Year
- Carahsoft Technology Corp.
- Innotion Enterprises, Inc.
- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
- Zantech IT Services, Inc.
Emerging Firm of the Year
- LINQ Services, Inc.
- WhiteOak Group
STEM of the Year
- Thomas Michocki, Science Department Chair, Eastern Technical High School
- Ann Strozyki, Environmental Educator, Howard County Conservancy
- Zoilo Luces, Regular Biology Teacher, Forest Park High School
- Shannon Esposito, Biomedical Sciences Lead Teacher, Bel Air High School
- Justin Sewell, Standard/Honors/GT Chemistry and GT Biotechnology Teacher, Randallstown High School
Individuals or companies wishing to attend the 25th Anniversary of TCM's Awards Dinner and Celebration can find more information and purchase tickets on the TCM website.
About the Tech Council of Maryland
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM’s mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.